►I’m excited about this video because I reveal my EXACT targeting options when running real estate Facebook advertising. This is the ‘D’ in my MOVEDIN model, which stands for DEMOGRAPHIC (the people we want our ad to be shown in front of).
Quite often, agents get lost with this part of advertising. They have a general idea about the locations they want to target but no idea who or what they look like. Therefore in this video, I reveal exactly that.
Here are some general guidelines when it comes to who to target with your real estate Facebook ads:
– Keep testing different things. This isn’t something you set up quickly and expect leads to come flying into the door. There is a testing period where you test different audiences until you find one that works.
– Keep the radius between 12-15 miles from the listed property. If it’s greater than that, your audience will be too far away from the listed property, therefore unlikely to be interested.
– Aim for an audience size of 100k-150k. This is a good figure because you have plenty of people to target but it’s not too big which would mean your targeting is too broad. Conversely, an audience size less than this will mean your targeting is too specific and you won’t be able to reach enough people.
– Exclude real estate agents. We are not looking for real estate agents to target with our ad, instead, we want first time home buyers, families, etc. Therefore, we want to exclude people who we don’t want our ad to be shown to.
I then share some really interesting statistics with you from Zillow and the national association of realtors which will help us massively to understand where the best opportunities lie. For example, did you know that according to Zillow, ages between 30-45 make up the largest percentage of homeowners?
Using the information above, you then want to create 3 different audiences that you will test. I like to have wide, medium and specific targeting options. These are my 3 targeting options:
1. (WIDE) All male and female. Ages 38-60, 12-15 mile radius.
2. (MEDIUM) All male and female. Ages 38-60, 12-15 mile radius, married and kids.
3. (SPECIFIC) All male and female. Ages 38-60, 12-15 mile radius AND a list of real estate interests.
Finally, as mentioned above, you want to discourage anyone related to the real estate industry to see your ad. Therefore in the video, I have included my FULL exclusion list that you can implement with all your ads. It’s a pretty long list but will ensure you have excluded the right people. Some exclusions include:
– Real Estate Agents.
– Real Estate Consultant.
– Mortgage Broker (Watch video to get the full list).
So there you have it, using these targeting options you should have a good range of targeting options for you to start testing immediately. We covered some general guidelines you should follow, critical statistics from Zillow and the national association of realtors which helps identify our wide, medium and specific targeting options. Finally, I have also included my exclusion list. Go away and give this ago. Let me know how you get on!
► Book your FREE chatbot consultation with VP Media:
►Get the simple blueprint I used to generate 1104 highly qualified homebuyers for my real estate client in just 30 days on complete autopilot here:
►DO follow me on social media 🙂
► SUBSCRIBE to the channel to be the first to learn about the latest strategies on marketing your real estate business with social media: 1