The ART of Onboarding
Correct Onboarding = Client Using The Software Daily = RETENTION
Join Our community of Saas Founders: /
Saas Tools: s
Retention means more money every month…
Yeah.. The churn rate with software is 3% on average…
GoHighlevel has thousands of features
You can overwhelm new users if you don’t onboard properly
… I sold a facebook crm saas that was very easy to use…
NEVER had any question from our new user….
I was running a free trial with credit card upfront…
But guess what? …
He cancelled one day after the recharge was done… lol
Then he contacted me and said…
“Sorry i forgot and i never used the free trial…”
I had to refund him and SPEND time …
Otherwise he treated me with a bad review,,,
That’s when i started to focus more on onboarding…
They say saas is easy but the hard part is activating users
ONBOARDING IS NO JOKE
So here are 3 tips:
– Pay a VA to do an onboarding call
– Hire the gohighlevel team for the set up
– Charge a set up fee upfront
Onboarding is an art because
… You have to REALLY understand your niche and ideal customer
Think about it …
What did you do when you first saw gohighlevel or other saas?
And you client will probably say:
– Oh! I feel overwhelmed
– Where do i click?
– Is there any tutorial?
– I think i need to contact support..
– hmm i’ll submit a refund…
You don’t want that…
Solve it with:
– TOOLTIPS (you can use lou, userflow, etc…)
– Add a training about how to achieve a x result (appointments) in niche, not just support features
– Send a text message with a calendar to schedule appointment
– Gamify the process
– Reward when your users do a small thing
– Have a “paid” facebook group that serves as support channel
If you activate your new users you’ll get more money every month!!
Don’t take it lightly…
So what tools do you use for onboarding or what onboarding questions do you have?