With massive shifts and uncertainty in the markets right now, founders, CEOs, CFOs, and board members alike want to know what are the new rules to play by.
In this episode join Byron Deeter, Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners for a deep dive on what’s going on in Venture Capital and how you can build a cloud unicorn in the current climate.
Byron started as a SaaS CEO and has invested in probably more SaaS IPOs and unicorns than any other VC, from Twilio to Canva, Docusign, HashiCorp, Box, Intercom, and dozens more. Few have been doing this better, for longer, than Byron.
In this session, Byron dives into:
– What’s happening in venture capital right now
– Public and Private market analysis
– Top founder lessons to build a cloud unicorn from product to GTM to finance and teams, given current market conditions
– Which metrics boards and investors are focussing on right now and what are the leading indicators of good, bad, and ugly
– Why valuations may not truly be the best way to measure startup success
– 2022 cloud trends and predictions
MUST READ Bessemer Venture Partners’ State of the Cloud 2022 report: 2
This episode is brought to you by:
Each year the U.S. and Canadian governments provide more than $20 billion in R&D tax credits and innovation incentives to fund businesses. But the application process is cumbersome, prone to costly audits, and receiving the money can take as long as 16 months. Boast automates this process, enabling companies to get more money faster without the paperwork and audit risk. We don’t get paid until you do! Find out if you qualify today at .
Launch Academy is one of the top global tech hubs for international entrepreneurs and a designated organization for Canada’s Startup Visa. Since 2012, Launch has worked with more than 6,000 entrepreneurs from over 100 countries, of which 300 have grown their startups to seed and Series A stage and raised over $2 billion in funding. To learn more about Launch’s programs or the Canadian Startup Visa, visit a